Friday, February 05, 2010

Thank Dai It's Friday

Click on the strip for a larger version

Here's a old strip from 30th April 2001. This one's pretty autobiographical. We used to have a car which made a strange whirring sound somewhere near my footrest. I cured this by kicking the panel where the noise was coming from. It would fix it for a day or two but then the noise would return. Cue some more kicking from me. Noise went away. The car packed up not long after.

They should have a 'kicking' section in the Haynes Manual.

3 comments:

john said...

I've done that with a few old bangers I've had..and with the car as well !!!!!

TimHarries said...

Boom tish! :)

Cathy said...

I used to have this orrible old Metro, which was one of the old-fashioned kind that had a starter motor solenoid. You had to whack this with a hammer before it would start in the mornings. After a while I got quite good at it - perfect angle, touch and all. Mind you, when that car went to the great scrapyard in the sky, I danced on its grave ...