Thursday, April 08, 2010

Shrewsbury Cartoon Festival - Big Boards


As I've blogged a few times previously, one of the most enjoyable parts of participating in the Shrewsbury Cartoon Festival is the chance to draw a Big Board cartoon - large 8 x 6ft boards set up in the town square where about 20 cartoonists get to draw, paint and chat to the wandering (and occasionally bemused) public:

 Photo of bemused public (c) Gerard Whyman

I've be working on another big board this year, so will look forward to the slightly worrying prospect of turning this into a large, funny cartoon. Well, It'll be large at the very least....


Below is a tiny peek at my design for this year's board. Will post the finished board when it's all done and dusted! If you come along to the Festival, say hello - I promise to wipe my paint flecked hand before shaking yours.


Shrewsbury International Cartoon Festival 2010 will be held on 22nd – 25th April
This year's theme is Magic, Myth and Mystery!

5 comments:

john said...

must be great to have all that space to draw on... I hope your drawing is a success.I'm hoping to get to the event and will say hello.If not I hope you have a great time..take plenty of photo's for your blog !!!!

Royston Robertson said...

An interesting sneak peek. I'm guessing Medusa is involved ...

TimHarries said...

Cheers John, all that space is a bit daunting starting off - good fun when you get stuck in though. Will remember to take pics throughout the day.

You could be right Royston :) Actually the full cartoon can be seen on my PCO portfolio page. I've changed the layout a bit to suit the landscape shape, but it's pretty much as is. Too lazy to come up with a new gag... :)

Royston Robertson said...

Ha, seen it now. Look forward to seeing it BIG.

TimHarries said...

I'm hoping Head and Shoulders will sponsor my board.