Friday, May 21, 2010

Thank Dai It's Friday

Click on the strip for a larger version

Click on the strip for a larger version
 
Something a bit different this week. The occasional clean up of my room reveals long forgotten artwork, and here's a good example. These are part of the original pitch for the strip in 1998, trimmed and stuck down on card and then mailed out. I think I sent about 18 strips, of which quite a few were sport themed, despite my total lack of interest in it. I probably thought it wise to cover all subjects, especially rugby!

There's a lot of words in some of those strips! Tsk...

**** A Never Say Dai Collection ****
You can order the book via Lulu.com or for a signed copy (for only £6.49 including postage) go directly to www.neversaydai.co.uk (Due to Lulu's currently high postage costs, you'll also save a few quid going to my site!)

4 comments:

john said...

Tim these are brilliant....

huw Aaron said...

Cool, cheers for sharing them Tim - fascinating. A few little changes in style since then, but I'm surprised how consistent you've kept the strip. The barman doesn't seem to have changed a bit in 12 years!

Lovely blue card they're stuck onto as well!

TimHarries said...

Thanks for the thumbs up, John!

It was fun looking through them again and noticing the little changes in style as you noted Huw.

I remember I overdid the spraymount when I stuck them down. The paper almost became transparent due to the amount of glue I used... I was high for hours!

Hypervox said...

Great stuff Tim - the "Bruce Lee" did it for me... :)