Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Saga of a Gag Cartoon

Saga Magazine, in their infinite wisdom, have taken some of my gags. This month's issue features this one...

 "I've cleared the morning, but you've got bandits at twelve o'clock..."

Now this is not particularly earth shattering news, but it does go to show that gags that have been unsold for a long time can still get placed! I think this gag dates back to 2006 and had done the usual rounds, getting positive comments but no sale, before settling in the 'rejected' pile, (I've had to rename this the 'not yet sold' pile, since cartooning chum Royston quite rightly pointed out it's a much more optimistic label) 

So the lesson here is 'Never give up, never surrender...' Wait, that's a Galaxy Quest quote...

3 comments:

Hypervox said...

I loved this one Tim when I saw it in the book - well done!

Royston Robertson said...

Yes, a classic this one. Surprised to hear it hadn't been published anywhere. Congrats on eventually finding a home for it, it's great when that happens.

TimHarries said...

Thanks Hypervox - I like it too!

Royston, I guess since I put it in my gag book, and feature it in my PCO portfolio (and therefore in the PCO's 'meanwhile' section) it just feels to me like it's been seen everywhere, despite never being published!

Cheers for the comments!