Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Strange Looking Bloke Wednesday


Was fortunate enough to see Elvis Costello in concert last week. He was doing a small solo tour - just him and about 6 guitars! I loved seeing these stripped down performances, they've been some of my favourite concert experiences.

He played for about 2 hours and did a good mix of classics and newer stuff. He even sat on the end of the stage at one point, without amplification for his voice or guitar, and serenaded the first few rows, while us lot sat in the rafters strained to hear. I don't think I've ever heard an audience so quiet! Plenty of standout moments including a feedback drenched 'Watching the Detectives', and the always moving 'Shipbuilding'

Great concert. Plus he wore a very dapper hat - what's not to love?

Nib Nerd Section: Doodled with a brush pen and then quite a bit of tippex to remove the hat I drew on him and then decided I didn't like.

No comments: