Friday, July 30, 2010

Thank Dai It's Friday

Click on the strip for a larger version


This was published on Tuesday in the South Wales Argus. There's been an overwhelmingly positive response to the Superdragons project in Newport, and I've personally seen many families following the dragon trail, taking pictures and posing next to them - great fun for all involved and heartening to see such support from the community. Unfortunately the dragons have also attracted the attentions of a minority who seem determined to ruin the fun by deliberately attacking them. - at one point 10 dragons were off the streets for repairs. I can't imagine what pleasure the vandals get from this, but as my strip shows, I'd love to see the dragons fighting back.

Go, Dragons, go!



**** A Never Say Dai Collection ****
You can order the book via Lulu.com or for a signed copy (for only £6.49 including postage) go directly to www.neversaydai.co.uk (Due to Lulu's currently high postage costs, you'll also save a few quid going to my site!)

4 comments:

Brighty said...

If ever there was a need for life to imitate art, it's this. Lovely work, Tim. I hope the mindless cretins take the hint.

john said...

great cartoon Tim..it would be good if they could fight back..everytown would want some...

SmartFOXIT said...

I agree.
And to all those who don't like the dragons
"Walk on....just walk on"

Oh as a PS
Happy sys admin day

TimHarries said...

Thanks for the comments chaps. Yes, I think there are some problems in life that only a fire breathing dragon could solve...