Monday, August 30, 2010

Saga know their Onions


It's a lovely sunny bank holiday, and like many freelance cartoonists, I'm working. Bah!

Here's a cartoon featured in the new issue of Saga Magazine. I originally drew this with a banana speaking, but it sat on the unsold pile for a few years. A change from fruit to vegetable,  and hey presto! Finally, we have confirmation - onions are officially funnier than bananas.

Here's the previous version (which I quite like actually... may even prefer it. Shh, don't tell anyone.)

4 comments:

john said...

both good Tim..

geraint ford said...

Maybe it's something about your boss being able to make you cry - I can't pin it down but it's definitely funnier! Cool switch.

Ian Ellery said...

Should have been a hot dog! :-)

TimHarries said...

THanks John

Geraint, that's a good point about the crying. Could make another good joke!

Ian. I shall use a hot dog in the *next* version of this cartoon :)