Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Orchestra Cartoon

Click image for larger version

Here's a cartoon from the latest 'music themed' issue of Foghorn. Back issues can be read here and a subscription for the print version can be ordered here

I'd finished it, sent it off and not long after saw a cartoon with the same idea (harp/arrow) on Google. Gah! It's bound to happen when people are coming up with so many cartoon ideas - ah well.... I still like mine. It's quietly menacing and proof that you can't trust a harpist.

5 comments:

Hypervox said...

I really like this Tim - you obviously put a lot of work into it.

john said...

That's a good one Tim....how long did it take to draw?

TimHarries said...

Cheers Shaun and John.

I spent 2 evenings doing it John - must have been about 8/9hrs in total? Started going a bit crosseyed towards the end. It was one of those cartoons where I thought half way through, "wish I'd settled on a smaller orchestra" but then I don't think it would have been as effective.

Glad I put the effort in though - I think it would make a nice A3 poster. I may get round to printing some up.

The Deep End said...

I'd definitely buy a this as a poster!

TimHarries said...

Good to hear Tyson! I printed some up a while back, I'll have to send you one!